Succeeding in the Business of Handwriting Analysis comes from fifty years’ experience and practice. My latest non-fiction book doesn’t promise to make you a millionaire, but it covers a lot of ground. Wide-ranging topics include the following:
- The kind of education you need to become a competent handwriting professional
- Terminology you should and should not use
- How to prepare legally sound reports
- Your professional image
- Marketing your practice
- Legal aspects of analyzing handwriting
- Relationship compatibility
- Employment profiling
- and much more.
Publisher: Write Choice Ink
Available in: Paperback, PDF, and Kindle
Published: June 22, 2019
If you have read Reading Between the Lines: decoding handwriting and want to know what’s next.
Advanced Studies in Handwriting Psychology is Volume 2, a compilation of seven monographs. This is a result of my 50 years of study and practice in handwriting examination, and covers a wide range of topics, written so even a novice can understand the application to handwriting. Samples of real people in the situations that are described make the book particularly useful to graphologists and individuals alike.
- Childhood sexual abuse seen in the handwriting of adults
- The Addictive Personality and its Handwriting
- Coping and Defense Mechanisms
- Beneath it All: the Lower Zone and the Subconscious
- Motivations and Handwriting – What makes you tick?
- How to Find Personality Traits in Handwriting with the Gestalt Method
- Serial Killers – the Face of Evil
And we’re not finished yet. After Advanced Studies in Handwriting Psychology, the next book, Personality & Anxiety Disorders, how they may be seen in handwriting, is helpful for therapists as well as handwriting analysts. Based on a series of lectures that I co-authored with a forensic psychologist/graphologist, there is no other book currently available that is comparable.
What readers say about Advanced Studies
- An excellent book if you want to explore graphology from psychological point of view. Shaike L. (Israel)
- The book is Professionally well written, accurate and a great resource for anyone in the field of Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, Nursing, and other helping professions. Mary O.
- A “must have” for every graphologist, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, and Counselor! “The Viking”
Reading Between the Lines: decoding handwriting is the book that replaces The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Handwriting Analysis. After nearly eighteen years as a bestseller in the series, the Idiot’s Guide is out of print.
Have you ever wondered what the squiggles and strokes in a line of ink say about personality? Or are you a handwriting professional who learned the “trait-stroke” method? Reading Between the Lines, Decoding Handwriting, will introduce you to a new way to look at handwriting and understand personality. You will learn the gestalt method, which is like viewing an object through a telescope. You see the bigger picture. The better-known trait-stroke method is like viewing an object under a microscope and offers a small field of vision. One is not better than the other, they simply appeal to different thinking styles. Trait-stroke analysts are more comfortable with an atomistic step-by-step approach, building up a picture of personality one stroke at a time. Gestaltists are more conceptual thinkers who look at space, form, and movement, learning to recognize the whole personality at a glance.
Thus, right-brained thinkers who see the big picture are attracted to gestalt analysis. While left-brained thinkers start out more comfortable with trait-stroke analysis, once they learn to see the gestalt, though, they invariably report a better understanding of handwriting and personality.
What readers are saying about Reading Between the Lines
- Sheila Lowe is one of the most respected authorities in the field of graphology. I have every one of her books and each one is exceptional. DMR
- I will be referencing this book again and again. Suzan
- Loved this well organized, richly presented book about using handwriting analysis for knowing self and others, all done with maturity, wisdom and humor, one of the best handwriting analysis books I have ever read, and I have a library full! Rosita
Personality & Anxiety Disorders, how they may be reflected in handwriting, and other important topics.
Personality and Anxiety Disorders is based on a series of articles and a course for handwriting analysts and psychologists. The reader will learn about personality disorders as described in the DSM and how those behaviors appear in handwriting.
The material in this volume is based on articles and a series of talks presented to members of the American Handwriting Analysis Foundation by the late Israeli psychologist/graphologist, Dr. Ze’ev Bar-Av. I had co-presented papers with him at several handwriting analysis conferences, and when he asked me to help him with the lecture series, I accepted with pleasure. I provided most of the demonstrative handwriting samples and edited the material. After Dr. Bar-Av’s untimely death, I compiled and further edited this important material to preserve and make it available for handwriting professionals.
What readers are saying about Personality & Anxiety Disorders
- While most of the books of this kind only touches the surface of human psychology, Sheila Lowe goes much deeper and explains how the human psyche is directly connected to the person’s style of graphic expressions. Satori Girl
- a treasure-trove of valuable tips and methods of determining everything from Fear and Stress to Schizophrenia. Patricia L.
- Sheila is expert at teaching why these fields are so complimentary and understandable. Jane Y.